Tuesday, February 19, 2008

the campaign of all campaigns

People who don’t know me well may not understand how aware I am of the critical issues that define our lives and shape our futures. While the war in Iraq, the current healthcare system, and the economy are all important issues, I am more concerned with the issues that live on in apartment 17 of the Brittany apartments. That is why I have decided to get down in the trenches to work at these problems and that is why I have followed the example of my older sister in running for favorite roommate in 2008.

You may wonder how I could possibly do this. It’s not easy. It’s not easy. And I couldn’t do it if I didn’t passionately believe it was the right thing to do. You know, I have so many opportunities from this apartment, I just don’t want to see us fall backwards. You know, this is very personal for me, it’s not just political it’s not just public, I see what’s happening. And we have to reverse it. And some people think that elections are a game and think that it’s about who’s up and who’s down, it’s about our apartment, it’s about our dating life, and it’s really about all of us together. Some of us put ourselves out there and do this against some pretty difficult odds, and we do it, each one of us, because we care about our apartment. But some of us are right and some of us are wrong, and some of us are ready and some of us are not, and some of us have thought about what we will do the first day and some of us haven’t thought that through enough. When we look at the array of problems we have, and the potential for spinning out of control, this is one of the most important elections our apartment has ever really faced. I just believe so strongly at who we are as an apartment so I’m going to do everything I can to make my case then the voters get to decide.

The Brittany apartments are broken! I have spent the last five years working in the private sector and I have fixed everything. When my roommate would sing incessantly, I put a stop to it. When there was a fight amongst roommates, I stood in the middle and worked it out. I can do this! I can fix the broken Brittany apartments!

Now what we need to ask ourselves is what kind of change we want to make. Now everyone will make a change, a change for the bad is still a change. So what we need to decide is who will make a good change. The change of all changes. The mother of all changes, if you will.

My ancestors were born without a shirt on their backs so I should be elected. It’s not about having a liberal apartment or a conservative apartment, we are one apartment. It’s not about having a clean apartment or a dirty apartment, we are still one apartment! And I had a dream about it one time!

So, if you really know what’s good for you, you will vote for Tadd, Favorite Rooommate in 2008!

1 comment:

Marissa said...

WOOT! WOOT! I vote for you Tadd!! You bring across some pretty good points! Hilarious, but good!