Wednesday, July 9, 2008

These Days, It's All About Babies

I learned the other day why my blog audience is so pathetically small. To be fair, I guess I can't blame it on a singular event or factor. Doing that would be like blaming the entire success of the movie Titanic on the sinking ship. It's not that I want my blog to attract lots of attention as much as it is to help people believe that I'm still alive and kicking.

As I was perusing through the other blogs I like to read, I came across Stephanie and Lon's blog about the adventures of their baby, Eden. I admit, it was a great blog which included some really sweet pictures of their baby surrounded by entertaining commentary. I really can't compete with that. What impressed me the most about their blog was the amount of comments that were posted at the end of it. If blog viewership was measured by the number of comments in each blog, Stephanie and Lon's blog compared to mine would be similar to the circulation of the New York Times compared to the Davis County Clipper. Does anyone read the Clipper anyway?

So, the lesson that I learned from reading Stephanie and Lon's blog is that it is all about the babies. That's the only thing people are interested in nowadays. This little realization of mine didn't help my situation any. You see, I don't have a baby, I'm not a baby, nor do I have close access to a baby that I could borrow to blog about. What I have done, however, is dusted off some of my very own baby pictures from the Farmer family vault, some of which have never been seen by my own blood, in hopes to increase my blog audience. Enjoy!



This is a nice picture of me swimming when I was only eight months old. Water has always seemed like my natural habitat.



Halloween was always a fun time at the Farmer's. However, I wasn't too fond of getting my picture taken in a pumpkin and it took me nearly ten more years to eat pumpkin pie.



This was an awful day in my life. The physical scars healed quickly, but the emotional scars have lasted to this very day.

There you go, people. I delivered what the world really wants to see. Babies. I hope you enjoyed my stroll through memory lane!

11 comments:

Jill said...

So funny, I laughed so hard that tears began to flow. Or maybe that was because I am really tired...either way, great blog entry.

Steph said...

Haha nice. I have to agree though...our blog wasn't nearly as popular when it was just us! Lesson learned: my popularity is based solely on my child.

Becca said...

it's true. so, so true. people are baby-crazed in the blogging world.

breanne said...

I am pretty sure my parents read the Clipper. And, I read your blog. That is two for two.

PS, love the Hilary picture. I can see why the emotional scars would be so prevalent.

Heidi said...

Haha! But if that were really true I would have a whole lot more comments on my blog . . . then again, I guess my girls aren't babies anymore. Maybe you're on to something after all.

Heidi said...

Hey BT! So, what's up with the new blog title? School starting to get to you?

Alyson said...

I think you might win for humor! The last two blogs have really cracked me up. I don't think you need a baby. You have wit! The pictures were great too!

Manda said...

I love the pictures and the post! It is true that babies increase the popularity. I have noticed that my friends that are expecting get many more comments than I get on my blog.

Marissa said...

TADD! I LOVE YOUR BLOG NAME!!! IT'S HILARIOUS!! (I looked it up on dictionary.com) hehe.

Heidi said...

So, who had the pictures of the said boxing duel? Maybe I can talk Mark into writing it, as I was not there when it all went down.

Unknown said...

That was great Tadd. :) I still think we should have gone down memory road. ;)